What is UF2B?

We are 5 poker heads who are looking to elevate our games through discussion and sweat sessions with one another. This will be where we share our ideas and concepts, as well as report on our own individual growth. Each week, we will concentrate and study one poker concept and write an article on it. Please check back frequently and let us know your thoughts and opinions; we welcome your feedback.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

August Goals Review

Every month, each of us will post a quick review of our goals from the previous month. I think this group helped improve our games a lot, but we're still working out ways to study as agroup more effectively.

LuckySOB: I think I neglected my goals this month. I did play more 200NL than I ever had, (over 30K hands), and I did win. The sad thing is, I also put in about 15K hands of 100NL and lost. With rakeback, bonuses, and my 200NL winnings exceeding my 100NL loss plus some 400NL winnings, (followed a few 200NL donks up and beat them), I was able to have +3500 month in BR putting me just over 9K. But I only took 1 day off, and didn't learn one new thing everyday.

Noeledge: 25-30hrs poker per week, I failed miserably at this with my biggest week in hours consisting of 18.5hrs. Trust in my reads, I feel this will be a never ending battle as we play the game of poker. This month I have become comfortable going with what I perceive to be villains range and playing accordingly. I feel I improved in this area. Advance my analysis of villains range(take notes on all villains), I slacked off on the notes but my hand range analysis is improving. Give UF2B everything I got and then some; In this area I know I was a major slacker. We all have lives and sometimes it is hard to make time for the crew. I think as the months come and go we will begin to get a good feel of the workings and dynamics of the crew. Until then I imagine it will be slow going. Write one theory piece a week, Try one a month. This is something I definitely will be improving on and have already wrote a piece this month on my new poker blog.

Dice: I did not accomplish my goals for August. This month I will have much more time to devote to poker.

DWarrior: I think overall this month was one of the best for me, both money- and improvement-wise. I managed to successfully move up to 100nl ahead of schedule, and changed my approach to the game. Unfortunately, I didn’t provide enough value to UF2B, and didn’t put enough hours at the tables.

DODGYKEN:I hit 40k hands fairly easily. I am now a winner at the $200s, although not at my desired winrate yet. I'm constantly working on ranges, and this is a target for September too.

Note: these have been sitting in my inbox for 2 weeks, but I kept forgetting to turn them into a post. Just pretend they were posted at the beginning of September. - DWarrior

No comments: