What is UF2B?

We are 5 poker heads who are looking to elevate our games through discussion and sweat sessions with one another. This will be where we share our ideas and concepts, as well as report on our own individual growth. Each week, we will concentrate and study one poker concept and write an article on it. Please check back frequently and let us know your thoughts and opinions; we welcome your feedback.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hand 1: Feb 11th

This week I, LuckySOB, played 2/4 on Absolute. It was quite a boring session to be honest, but here's a few mistakes and an easy read if you just think a little.

Hand 1:

Stack sizes:
Hero: $449
BTN: $473
SB: $154

Preflop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Ts 8c
UTG folds, Hero raises to $16, BTN and SB call, BB folds

Standard opening range for me in the CO when folded too. BTN is a LAG player and SB is a donkey.

Flop: 6d Kd 7h (3 players, $52)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $36, SB folds Hero folds.

As played this is an easy fold, but I don't like not leading here. I'm leading a FD, an OE staight draw, and a K here, so I have to mix in the GS I think. The BTN didn't 3 bet my CO open so is likely not on a strong K and the SB is nothing to worry about. Leading myself often takes this pot down and gives me the abblity to get paid in full when the GS hits.

No comments: