What is UF2B?

We are 5 poker heads who are looking to elevate our games through discussion and sweat sessions with one another. This will be where we share our ideas and concepts, as well as report on our own individual growth. Each week, we will concentrate and study one poker concept and write an article on it. Please check back frequently and let us know your thoughts and opinions; we welcome your feedback.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hand 1 : 4th Feb

OK, so it was my turn to be sweat last night (Dodgy), and I was expecting it to go one of two ways. I've been running crazy hot - the best run of my poker career so far - and I thought I'd either tear it up and win a ton, or I'd start my downswing! Luckily for the sake of the sweat, it was the latter! I think this was good though as we got into more interesting and difficult spots (rather than me being on the right side of coolers all night). I played four tables of $5/10NL on Full Tilt.


Hand 1

This hand is interesting because it brings up a really good point about adjusting the size of your bets based on your opponents' stack sizes.

Stack sizes:
CO: $969
Hero: $2974

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Jh Jc
UTG folds, CO raises to $70, Button folds, Hero raises to $230, BB folds, CO calls.

I had some history here with the CO. I'd just 3-bet him recently and check-raised him all-in on the flop (to which he folded). I 3-bet him again, and I'm almost always felting this hand with his stack size.


Flop: Js Kd 3d ($480, 2 players)
Hero bets $320, CO folds.

The flop is superb for me and I bet $320 leaving him $419 left to raise me. This is definitely a mistake. Dice made the point that a bet of $230 ish would be much better as it allows him to raise me by 3x. I totally agree with this. My bet size was fine if he had a full stack, but I failed to adjust properly to this more unique situation.


Uncalled bets:
$320 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $480

No comments: