What is UF2B?

We are 5 poker heads who are looking to elevate our games through discussion and sweat sessions with one another. This will be where we share our ideas and concepts, as well as report on our own individual growth. Each week, we will concentrate and study one poker concept and write an article on it. Please check back frequently and let us know your thoughts and opinions; we welcome your feedback.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hand 2 : 4th Feb

Hand 2

Stack sizes:
Hero: $1182
BB: $980

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 9d Td
UTG folds, Hero raises to $35, 3 folds, BB calls.

Here I'm UTG+1 and make a raise with T9s which is fine. I get called by the BB who is a good regular, a little looser pre-flop than most.


Flop: Ad Qd Js ($75, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $55, BB calls.

The flop is pretty good for me giving me a flush draw and a straight draw. I'm not 100% sure what I would do if raised here, as I think AQ, AJ, and QJ would be big parts of his range. Therefore, I probably wouldn't have too much fold equity and might just have to call with my draw rather than shove.


Turn: Tc ($185, 2 players)
BB bets $150, Hero calls.

The turn puts four to a straight out and he leads into me. At this point it seems like he has a KQ/KJ type hand, or he could have a small flush draw and be trying to represent a K. I don't think I have enough fold equity to put in a raise here, so I make a call instead. I'm 4-1 to hit my flush, so I need to win $600 to make this a profitable call (4 x $150). With his bet the pot is $335, so I only need to win another $300ish off him on the river if I hit. If he has a K I think I'll definitely get paid, and if he doesn't have a K then I'll have more outs than just the flush cards.


River: Th ($485, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

The river gives me trips and he checks to me. I might have the best hand here but, given the range we gave him on the turn (KQ, KJ, low flush draws), there's no way I can value bet.


Results:
Final pot: $485

BB showed Kc Jc
Hero mucks 9d Td

No comments: